Dietary salad "Olivier"
In principle, this salad consists of vegetables and, if you do not overdo it and its consumption, everything will be in order. The problem arises with the addition of mayonnaise, which contains a large amount of fat. Let's see how to make this beloved salad more healthy table decoration.
Simple tips on how to "ease" salad "Olivier"
• Put more vegetables than usual
• Exclude sausage / meat
• Forget about mayonnaise
• Add your favorite herbs
For the preparation of healthy salad "Olivier" you will need:
• 1 kg of potatoes
• jar of sterilized peas
• 4 gherkins
• 3 carrots
• 1 parsley root
• 1 onion
• 1 small celery (or 1/4 large)
• 260 ml of yogurt (more can be added)
• 1-2 tablespoons of mustard (depending on personal taste)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 eggs
You do not have enough courage for major changes? In this case, try replacing half the usual amount of mayonnaise with yogurt.Even avid opponents of healthy eating do not recognize such a light version!
• Previously, the day before cooking, boil the potatoes in their skins until cooked and let them cool.
• Boil carrots, celery and parsley, and after cooling, cut into cubes. In case you want to add eggs and salad, now is the right time to prepare them.
• Cut also cucumbers and potatoes, finely chop the onions (you can spill them with hot water, thus reducing the sharpness).
• In a bowl, mix potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, onions, cucumbers, peas and if boiled eggs are present. Add yogurt and mustard to taste. For taste and aroma, in addition to salt and pepper, you can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
• Leave the finished salad for 2-3 hours in the fridge. But it will be the most delicious the next day.