Cheesy Broccoli with Cauliflower Gratin
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 278mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 6
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots (sliced into rounds)
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, whole wheat if available, or regular
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set up a steamer basket (or a colander) over a few inches of water in a pot so that the water is not touching the basket. Add all of the vegetables to the basket (or colander). Cover and steam over high heat for about 10-15 minutes until vegetables are fork-tender, yet still bright.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour.
- Continue whisking constantly for about 2 minutes, until the paste formed smells nutty, but not burnt.
- Add in about 1/4 cup of the milk, half of the pepper, and the herbs, whisking all the while.
- Once thickened, add an additional 1/4 cup of milk and whisk until thickened.
- Repeat with the last 1/4 cup of milk. Once thickened, add the cheddar cheese and half of the parmesan, whisking to incorporate. Remove from the heat. Place all vegetables in an 8 x 8-inch pan or a round pie dish. Pour the creamy cheese sauce over the vegetables to cover. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs over the top. Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and the other half of the pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown on the top and bubbly.
Video: Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
40 Сharming Short Fringe Hairstyles for Any Taste and Occasion
Three Most Popular lies Men always tell Women in Hindi
10 Celebrities Who Showed Off Their Stretch Marks and Cellulite onInstagram
How to Cook Pasta
I Tried the 20 Leggings Amazon Reviewers Love—And Theyre Worth the Hype
How to Use Massage for Overall Health
How to Find the Hyades Star Cluster
How to Paint Stools
How to Wear Men’s Jewelry
What Is Coumarin
How to Buy a Used Shipping Container
8 Times Its Totally Normal To Have A Low Libido