Caviar recipe for winter
- Preparation time:20 minutes
- Cooking time:2 minutes
How to cook delicious caviar from onions for the winter
Vitamin onion caviar, it is useful to use in the season of colds. For preparation of this preparation take large bulbs. They are faster and easier to peel. They are also juicier.
A special feature of cooking caviar is that one part of the onion should be blanched in a colander, and the other part should be stewed in a frying pan. If desired, you can add your favorite spices, allspice, ground paprika, chili pepper, cardamom, fennel, turmeric and cloves.
It is better to prepare the billet in a cast-iron cauldron.
Belarusian caviar recipe for winter
- Cut half the onion into large rings with a thickness of 5 mm, put it in a frying pan, salt and fry over medium heat for 15 minutes. It should be soft and transparent.
- Chop the remaining onion, put it in a colander.Boil 1 l of water and lower the container in boiling water. Blanch for 7-8 minutes, then shift to fried onions.
- Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 20 sec., Then pour them with icy water. Remove the skin and cut into small slices. Transfer them to the bow. Add sugar and other spices, pour in the remaining vegetable oil. Stew for 20-25 minutes. All liquid should evaporate and the mass thicken.
- 5 min. before the end of cooking, you can add ground paprika, it will give the dish a unique flavor.
- Onion mass, pass through a meat grinder, and better grind blender to the consistency of mashed potatoes. Transfer it to the pan again, bring to a boil.
- Spread hot mass in sterilized containers.
Get 2 cans of 0.4 liters. They need to be sterilized thoroughly in boiling water for 25 minutes and then rolled up under an iron lid. Keep spawn in the cellar.
In winter, harvesting is suitable for mashed potatoes, baked or steamed vegetables, as well as fried fish or chicken.
Caviar does not necessarily roll under the metal cover for the winter. It can be used immediately as a side dish or meat sauce. It is advisable to serve the dish at room temperature or chilled.Top it with greens.
Cooking options for onion caviar can be many. It is not necessary to cook it only from onions, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers or other vegetables are suitable as other ingredients.