Legs down, what to do?
At each of us, at least once in life, we had a leg. This is an unpleasant feeling of extreme tension, sometimes bringing great pain. In a situation when your legs are flattened, what can and should be done?
In most cases, seizures begin suddenly and are short. The causes of cramps are manifold. Some diseases are accompanied by convulsions, for example, venous insufficiency, diabetes, flat feet. In addition, malnutrition can lead to convulsions, as a result of which the body has a deficiency of such trace elements as calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins B and D.
Reduces leg muscles: what to do
In order to help yourself during cramps, you must:
- Do not panic.
- One way to restore blood circulation is to stand on both legs. Usually you do not feel the leg that you have cracked, but try to distribute your weight evenly.
- Also stop the cramp will help you massage and tingling muscle, which has reduced. Gently but intensively rub the muscle, moving it up and down.
- In addition, you can put your feet on the floor and roll them from toe to heel.
- If you can't move your leg, then help yourself with your hands. Stretch the sock, then bend it in the opposite direction. Just do not overdo it, the movements should be smooth and unsharp, otherwise the pain may increase.
- In case of a long spasm, it is recommended to apply a warm towel or compress, you can also use a warming ointment.
- To avoid recurrent seizures after its termination, you must lie down and slightly raise your legs for a few seconds to ensure the flow of blood.
Emergency relief measures for convulsions You have learned. If convulsions are regular, it is worth contacting a doctor who will prescribe the necessary tests to identify the causes of convulsions. However, any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Therefore, familiarize yourself with seizure prevention measures:
- Do not wear uncomfortable shoes.
- Try to distribute the load on your legs so that they do not get tired much.
- Do strengthening exercises for the legs, in addition, you can do a run. Remember, movement is life. But everything is good in moderation.
- In the evenings, arrange for your legs a contrast shower or bath.
- Relieve tension in the legs with exercise.
- Proper nutrition. Eat foods high in calcium (for example, dairy products, beans), potassium (dried fruit, nuts, bananas), and magnesium (bran). Also, drink enough water.
- Watch your weight.
- If your legs are usually at night, try to sleep in woolen socks. Heat promotes muscle relaxation.
Exercises: how to relieve tension in the legs
- Flexion and extension of the toes.
- Circular rotations of the feet with legs extended. This exercise is easy to do, even sitting at your desk.
- Stretching the sock so that the leg and foot form one line, then relax the foot. Exercise is done while sitting.
- Put your feet on the outer ribs and trample. Do it sitting on a chair or on the couch, then put your feet on the inner edge and again trample down.
These light exercises help relax slack feet and stimulate blood circulation.
What to do if you have cramped your leg while you were swimming, because this situation is very dangerous. Firstly, if you are prone to cramps, do not swim far. Secondly, hypothermia contributes to cramps.Be very careful, get to a place where you can get up on your feet, leave the pond and rub your leg.
When your toes are tight, what to do? Do not strain your fingers, this will only increase the pain. Try to relax them, put your foot on a flat surface, bring your fingers to a normal position with your hands.
If suddenly a leg cramps, what to do, you know. Remember, cramps can be a signal of various diseases. If this phenomenon occurs regularly and even often with you, consult a doctor for advice.